FDIC limits are now officially increased to $250,000. It is important to find out what is and what is not protected by FDIC insurance. See below to find out which of your accounts are covered.
FDIC website information:
- Checking Accounts including money market deposit accounts
- Saving Accounts including passbook accounts
- Certificates of Deposit
- Retirement Accounts consisting of cash on deposit at a bank or thrift
Not FDIC Insured
- Investments in mutual funds, (stock, bond or money market mutual funds), whether purchased from a bank, brokerage or dealer
- Annuities (available a some banks; often purchased from an insurance company)
- Stocks, Bonds, Treasury Securities or other investment products, whether purchased through a bank or a broker/dealer
- Safe Deposit Boxes
Learn more about why certain accounts and investments are or are not covered by FDIC insurance.
For more information about deposit insurance write to:
Division of Supervision & Consumer Protection
Attn: Deposit User Outreach
550 17th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20429-9990
1-800-925-4618 (Hearing Impaired)
FDIC Regional Office for New Mexico:
FDIC, Deposit Insurance
Westwood Executive Center, Suite 1900
Dallas, TX 75201
: The link to the left of this icon points to an external website. Los Alamos National Bank is not responsible for the privacy, security or content of this site, including the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of its information. Los Alamos National Bank does not endorse or guarantee the products, information, or recommendations provided by the site and is not liable for any failure of products or services advertised on the site.