|Commercial Loan Officer|
|Job Status: Full-time, exempt
The Commercial Loan Officer will combine a thorough knowledge of our available products and lending policies with excellent service. The Commercial Loan Officer must have the ability to resolve unique and complex issues with expertise in review and analysis of commercial loans. The lender must have a solid understanding of regulatory compliance issues related to the lending environment and strong experience in financial statement analysis, cash flow analysis and perfection of security interests. The Commercial Loan Officer will be expected to develop and maintain strong working relationships to cultivate a profitable customer base and clientele.
Essential Job Duties:
- Analyze loan applications and make appropriate recommendations to our customers
- Make credit decisions, and structure loans, consistent with Los Alamos National Bank’s (LANB’s) guidelines and policies for Commercial Loans
- Be knowledgeable about all loan products LANB can offer and understand the basic structure and requirements of these loans
- Minimize potential losses by ensuring that loans meet Bank policy and underwriting standards
- Ongoing management of loan portfolio
- Understand customer’s collateral, projects and business practices through review of evaluation of collateral, employment, income, tax returns and any other applicable underwriting document that may be required.
- Responsible for the timely recognition of potential problem loans and creation of proper loan structure/work out plans to minimize any potential losses to the bank.
- Actively supervise and direct the members of your lending team.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with internal support departments as well as external vendors/support services
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that will enable the candidate to communicate professionally with customers, staff, and investors.
- Proficiency in the use of current technology and software including Windows, Word and Excel
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to make appropriate credit decisions and sound lending recommendations based on our lending policies
- Good organizational skills, high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Effective time management and the ability to work independently and productively in a high volume/fast paced environment
- Ability to supervise one or more staff including other lenders
- Ability to mentor junior lenders if needed
- General knowledge of accounting principles
- Knowledge of investor and regulatory guidelines, federal and state laws and regulations.
- Ability, and responsibility, to remain educated and informed about industry trends, community developments, underwriting requirements and regulatory changes. Responsible for at least 4 hours of continuing education annually
- Minimum of 5 years Commercial Lender experience is required, 10 years is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer