Los Alamos National Bank (LANB) is owned by Trinity Capital Corporation, a one bank holding company. We are the largest independent community bank in New Mexico with a history of award winning customer service and performance excellence. LANB continuously seeks individuals who can add to our momentum and share our values of innovation, flexibility, social responsibility, valuing people, efficiency and excellence in customer service.
Reporting to the Board, and administratively to the CEO, the Chief Risk Officer will oversee and direct the activities needed to achieve the mission, vision and values of the Board and Bank. The Chief Risk Officer (CRO) is responsible for creating a “Compliance Culture”, developing an enterprise risk management program, ensuring that Los Alamos National Bank maintains adequate credit, market and operations risks and that the Bank is in full compliance with banking laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures. The CRO will oversee the Enterprise Risk Department which will be comprised of the Internal Audit, Compliance, Loan Review and BSA/AML Compliance areas.
The Chief Risk Officer will work closely with the Board and Senior Management to establish LANB’s risk appetite and establish risk guidelines that are aligned with our strategic business objectives. Develop strong governance, policies and controls over the risk management framework. The CRO will provide leadership which will motivate staff, clearly direct work responsibilities and teach them the cause and effect relationship between financial management and risk administration.
Essential Job Duties:
· Work with the Board and Senior Management to identify LANB’s risk appetite and establish risk guidelines that are aligned with our strategic business objectives.
· Develop risk identification, mitigation and reporting requirements to meet Board expectations while achieving understanding and cooperation among the senior management team
· Define and assign risk management responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities to appropriate personnel. Monitors the activities of the areas that are of critical risk
· Develop and maintain strong governance, policies and controls over the risk management framework
· Utilize quantitative analyses and models to support recommended changes in risk policies and guidelines
· Oversee and assist in the preparation of reports and information for regulatory agencies and/or auditors
· Ensure bank policies are updated and comply with regulatory, compliance and internal guidelines.
· Provide staff leadership which motivates and clearly directs work responsibilities and guides them in best practices and risk administration
· Assist in defining the annual department action plans, including budgets and staffing requirements, in compliance with LANB’s vision and strategy
· Assist in developing and maintaining lending policies, procedures, and the interest rate and product structures
· Remain educated and informed about industry trends, community developments, market conditions and regulatory requirements and their effect on the Bank’s risk management
Skills and Requirements:
· Excellent customer service skills
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent work experience required. Master’s degree preferred
· Ten to fifteen years of related work experience and/or training required. Work related experience should consist fo an in-depth background in bank administration, compliance and auditing skills.
· Comprehensive knowledge of industry, market, economic and regulatory developments as they relate to the overall impact to the bank
· Strong leadership skills
· Strong knowledge of regulatory guidelines, federal and state laws and regulations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deal professionally and effectively with customers, staff, senior leadership, regulators and the board of directors
· Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
· Strong project management skills
· Knowledge of, and the ability to use, current technology proficiently, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Work and Excel) and other technology based tools
· Effective time management and the ability to work independently and productively in a high volume and fast paced environment
· Ability to handle sensitive information with complete confidentiality and professionalism
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
The successful candidate must submit a 914 application for approval by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency under 12 C.F.R. 5.51
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply: Applications for this position are being handled by the recruiting firm of John M. Floyd & Associates (JMFA). Interested applicants may contact JMFA using the following link: