LANB takes the security and privacy of financial information very seriously. You can feel confident that your personal security is one of our top priorities. Educating yourself about some basic online safety precautions can help keep you from becoming a victim of online fraud.
Internet Safety Tips:
- Use a current web browser. See our list of recommended web browsers. Also keep your browser current with all security updates, bug fixes and service packs.
- Look for a lock icon in the browser when you log into your eBanking account and "https:" in the address line; these indicate that the page is secure.
- Make sure to only use up-to-date and secure SSL/TLS protocols. Also keep your browser current with all security updates, bug fixes and service packs.
- Select a strong password that is easy for you to remember, but very difficult for someone else to guess. Don’t write down or share your password with anyone.
How LANB Protects Customers from Online Fraud:
- LANB asks you to select a User ID to log into your online accounts. We store this User ID on a database within our secure network that tells us what your account numbers are.
- LANB uses strong, multi-factor authentication for access the the eBanking platform. LANB uses a combination of something you know ( your password) and something you have (your computer or phone) to authenticate your identity each time you access eBanking. Remember: You should never give your password to anyone, including LANB employees. In addition, monitor the email address that receive security alerts. Read more about how to create strong passwords.
- Your secure eBanking session cannot be interrupted once it is initiated. Your session will automatically terminate if you are not using the system after a certain time period.
- We have upgraded our systems to include state-of-the-art firewalls and encryption levels.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].